Sunday, December 21, 2008

Another Prayer Request

My mom is in the hospital. She is a 9 year kidney transplant recipient and we are concerned that her transplanted kidney may be failing. She has a number of health problems (ie. diabetes, thyroid, high blood pressure) and she recently suffered some kind of stomach virus. We are hoping that her electrolytes being low is what is causing her creatinine and potassium level to be so high. She is being monitored and hopefully her levels will be back to normal soon. If not, she would have to go back on dialysis until a new kidney became available. She had to wait 18 months for her original kidney and dialysis was really taking it's toll on her body.
To make matters worse, this leaves my blind 86 year old grandmother at home alone. Her and my mother live together and my mother is her primary caregiver. I am an only child so I don't have siblings who can help. I am so thankful to have my father and stepmother who are helping as much as they can. They are trying to make sure that she has all of her own medicines and food to last her until I get there on Thursday.
Please pray that my mom's kidney is not failing and that she will recover soon. Please pray for the safety and care of my grandmother. Also, please pray for me to be calm during this time. Those two ladies mean so much to me and not being able to care for them is beyond stressful and frustrating. Please pray that I will lean on God, give Him full control and have confidence in His power and the power of prayer.
Thank you all.
God bless.
- Carla