Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope this post finds everyone doing well.
Our first Thanksgiving in Hawaii was good. John and I went for a morning run and we had a good laugh at how many people were out exercising that morning. I guess preparing for the day's feasting. I would be lying if I said my intentions were otherwise. LOL
We attended a worship service at our church that morning. This time of the year is perfect to take a step back, count your blessings and reflect on how God has provided. We should definitely do it more often.
That afternoon we headed over to Wheeler Army Airfield where John works. The senior leaders were taking turns serving Thanksgiving meal to the soldiers and there families. AJ and I played cards until John was finished, then we ate as well. The rest of our day consisted of watching a movie, taking a long nap, making pizza and playing cards. All in all it was a great day. Probably not your typical Thanksgiving, but we make the most of it while we are so far away from our family. Below are some snapshots of the day.

After worship service.


John and AJ outside of the military dining facility.
John has acquired a stetson in this new CAV unit to go with his dress blues. I think it is stunning.
AJ is getting so tall. He is 5'5 now and weighs about 125 pounds. He also made the school basketball team. Season starts after the new year.

Look at my handsome man. I am so proud!