Friday, August 15, 2008

First Blog Post



Okay, for those of you who have been doing this for a while, please bear with me. This is my first time and to say I have been having a few technical difficulties would be downplaying it quite a bit.
We are all doing well. John has been in Texas for the past 12 days and was supposed to be home today. However, weather delay has him stuck in Dallas and he should be home tomorrow. AJ just completed his 3rd week at his new school and he seems to be adjusting well. It was quite difficult for him at first because he had 2 weeks of work to make up and he is having to take 2 math classes. He is such a trooper.
Other than missing my husband, I have been doing great. I do like not working because it gives me more time to tend to my family, my home and myself. I do miss teaching a little, but not as much as I thought. I have joined a Ladies Bible Study group that meets every Tuesday morning at Mililani Baptist Church, where we are currently worshipping. I am really enjoying it so far. We are studying "Falling in Love with Jesus" by Dee Brestin and Kathy Trocolli. Some of the ladies are members of my Sunday school class, some attend other classes in the church and some don't attend church there at all. It is very diverse in age as well. For the first time in a long time, I am not the youngest member.
We will have a little less than 2 weeks with John before he has to go to California for 6 weeks for NTC (National Training Center). AJ and I have been working hard to get things done, so we can spend some quality family time before he has to go.
I have attached (I think) a few recent fun photos. For those of you who have already seem them, sorry. I hope you enjoy the new blog.


- Carla