Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This was our first major holiday without John. It was different...but we made the most of it. AJ and I had a breakfast potluck at our church followed by a Thanksgiving service. We had lunch that afternoon at one of our favorite restaurants then spent the rest of the day being couch potatoes. We were able to talk to John twice that day. He said they put on quite the spread at the dining facility with tons of decorations and food. He also had his turn to serve meals to the soldiers, which is something he loves to do on Thanksgiving.
With Christmas approaching we are asking for prayers for our family as we are separated during this special season. This is a first for John and I since we have been married. AJ and I are not traveling to WV this year because of expense and lack of time. I know God will make a way...I'm just afraid it might sting a bit. We do have January to look forward to when John comes home for a 2 week visit.
I pray you are all doing well and enjoy this Christmas season. Please take time to reflect on your life, count your blessings and be thankful for all the many ways God has provided; especially with the gift of his SON.
In HIS love - Carla

Dori Dog getting her special Thanksgiving treat.

AJ and I at church breakfast.

John serving meals to his soldiers.