Sunday, July 5, 2009
4th of July
We had a great 4th of July weekend. John has been on leave for 2 weeks and for the first time in 7 years we have AJ for the holiday. We went golfing(well...AJ and John did, I watched), played miniature golf and went bowling. Sometimes I crack up at how competitive we all are! Did I mention I beat everyone bowling. LOL
On July 4th we started the day off with a 5K Fun Run. This was AJ's first race and he was determined to beat me. Well, not only did he beat me, but he placed 3rd in the 17 and under age group with a time of 22:36. We were soooo proud of him. He even received a medal. I finished with a time of 26:35.
Every year the Army puts on a July 4th Spectacular with games, food vendors and different shows and activities throughout the day. We stayed around for a little while after the race to check out the vendors and the military working dog demonstration. I love seeing those super smart dogs. It always makes me think of our family dog, Katie Girl, who passed away a couple of years ago. I know my Mom would love to see those shepherds in action.
We went to Chili's for lunch and then caught a shower and a nap before heading back to the festivities. Our friends from church, the Lewis', invited us for a BBQ at their house. They just so happen to live right next to the concert stage where "Kansas" was playing for the evening. My Mom was way more excited about that than I was. LOL. Anyway...we spent the evening listening to the music, eating good food and fellowshipping with friends. All topped off with a great fireworks show. I hope everyone had a safe and memorable holiday as well. Now back to the grind!






